The union which declare as its foundation the observance of the rules of golf and amateur status as laid down by the R and A Rules shall have its prime objectives;
1. To be the ruling body of golf in Tanzania for the purpose of the rules of golf in strict compiliance with the national sporting policy and act as the National represenatative of all Tanzania Golf Clubs.
2. To co-operate with the National Sports Council, th Tanzania Ladies Golf Union and with all other International Unions, Associations ,societies,or other bodies as may may represent golf players or affect golf in tanzania or elsewhere.
3. To advance and safeguard the interests of the game of golf in Tanzania with particular emphasis on developing talents of young Tanzanians through the Tanzania juniorGolf foundation.
4. To assist in improving golf courses and also encouraging the construction of new courses by assisting the interested parties in the procurement of land for the said purpose.
5. To uphold and maintain the rules of golf,defenitions and interpretations of R & A Rules limited whose jurisdiction as a Rulling Authority in golf is recognised by the union.
6. Subject thereto,to act as an arbitrator of all doubtful or disputed points in connection with the rules of golf ,the rules of amateur status or regulations of Tournaments .
7. To establish,develop, maintain and administer Tanzania national Handicap system and standard scratch scores which all affiliated clubs shall use and supervise teh administration of the Tanzania National handicap system and to control the observance of the fundamental principles and regulations of the system by all affiliated clubs.
8. To organise ,control and manage by theway of delegation or otherwise ,the Tanzania Open Golf championships and to promote, sponsor ,control and administer such other competitions ,tournaments and matches
and such extent to as the union shall determine.
9. To maintain and coordinate the dates of and publish an annual calender of open and amateur championships of its affiliated clubs and to arrange in conjuction with other unions and assosiations ,championships and specif matches of National and International character.
10. To select select teams to represent Tanzania at golf within Tanzania and the country and promote,manage and if necessary to finance teams to play outside the country or vissiting teams to play in Tanzania.
11. To give approval and recognition to societies,clubs, organisations and associations which are considered likely ,directly or indirectly to further the objectives of the union and the interests of its members,either,to participate inthe formation of the same.
12. Generally to do all such lawful acts and things as maybe incidental or conducive to any of the above objectives.